[Matplotlib-users] beginnings in matplotlib - grey background

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 14:19:57 EST 2017

Vincent,

Which version of Matplotlib are you using exactly? Besides, are you
applying some peculiar style sheet (i.e. calling something like
`plt.style.use(...)` somewhere)? Because I am pretty sure that the
default background color for axes is white (or at least not gray...).

Anyway, if I am correct you should be able to get a white background by
calling
```
ax.set_facecolor("white")
```
on (each) of your Axes instances. You could also define it once for all
in (each of) your script(s) by putting
```
plt.rcParams['axes.facecolor'] = "white"
```
before creating the figure(s)

Best,
Adrien

PS: please note that I think that the Figure instance (i.e. `fig`,
`lafigure`, etc.) have a similar function/attribute to set the
background color at the figure level.