[Matplotlib-users] MaxNLocator and steps [2.0.0rc0]

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Sun Jan 8 22:10:02 EST 2017

Brian,

See https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/pull/7770.  This is what I
had in mind to get MaxNLocator behavior closer to what you want.  I
think the problem that would remain is that sometimes you would get
6-second intervals, which you probably don't want.

I'm not sure whether the way to get exactly what you want (assuming I
understand it correctly) is via an additional kwarg to MaxNLocator, or
whether it would be better to make a different locator for this purpose.

Eric