[Matplotlib-users] default cmap in ver. 2.0

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Jan 19 16:05:53 EST 2017

Hi all,

I just installed matplotlib 2.0.  I was surprised that when I created an
image plot using imshow I had the same old jet colormap instead of
viridis.  I looked in my ~/.confg/matplotlib/matplotlibrc file and the
image.cmap line was commented out, so that didn't seem to be the problem.
Just to be sure, I moved that one aside and copied the new one under the
matplotlib distribution to its place (which also has that line commented
out).  I still get the same result.  Obviously I can fix this either by
uncommenting that line or by specifying the cmap in calls to imshow.  But
I'm curious, where are those defaults stored?

Regards,
Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA