[Matplotlib-users] ImportError: cannot import name '_tkagg'

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 11:53:02 EST 2017

James,

Please subscribe to the mailing list so you can post un-moderated (
https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/matplotlib-users ).

What version of Matplotlib are you using and how did you install it?

If you built Matplotlib from source (prior to 1.5.3), we would only build
the `_tkagg` extension if we could find the tinker libraries and headers at
build time.  I suspect re-building Matplotlib will fix your problem.

Tom