[Matplotlib-users] physical size of plot

Jean-Philippe Grivet jean-philippe.grivet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 8 09:19:33 EST 2017

Hello,

I use python(3.6)+numpy+matplotlib(2.0) (Anaconda distribution under
Win7) to draw simple figures and I meet the following problem. All the
figures that I plot come out the same size (432x288 px). This is OK for
simple curves but leads to obscure plots in more complicated cases.
I notice that all figures in the pyplot tutorial have size 550x450 as
they do also in the Matplotlib examples, while many figures in the
gallery are 165x135.

How canI force the size of a picture in order to display it full screen
or to cover most of anA4 sheet of paper ?

Thank you for your help
JP Grivet

---