[Matplotlib-users] axes properties

Jean-Philippe GRIVET jean-philippe.grivet at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 11 12:54:27 EST 2017

Hello,

I have two questions related to axes in a 3-D plot.

1. I often find that ticks are too close together so that labels overlap.  How
can I change the number of ticks or the step length ?

2. The default axes lay-out has x increasing from left to right and y increasing
from front to back. My finction decrease quickly with increasing y, so that the
corresponding parts of the surface are hidden. Therefore, I would like to have
y values increasing from back to front. I understand that yaxis_invert can do it
but how is it used ?

Thank you for your help
Jean-Philippe