[Matplotlib-users] axes properties

Jean-Philippe Grivet jean-philippe.grivet at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 22 13:57:37 EDT 2017

Thanks a lot Benjamin and Vincent for your most kind and detailed answers.

the wrapper idea and propose a function plot3d(x,y,z); it would make
life simpler.

I copied from the net (I can't remember where) the following code fragment:

from mpl_toolkits.mplot3d import Axes3D
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as pt

fig = pt.figure()
ax = fig.gca(projection='3d')
surf = ax.plot_wireframe(X, Y, Z, rstride = 10,cstride = 10)

which looks rather similar to Matlab syntax and works well for me.
  Is that considered to be obsolete or in bad style ?

Thanks again,
Jean-Philippe