[Matplotlib-users] basemap projection issues

Jason Snyder jmssnyder at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 29 20:16:23 EDT 2017

I am trying to draw a map across the Atlantic Ocean from the eastern
seaboard to Europe.  I also want to draw a map across the Pacific Ocean
including both sides of the dataline using the basemap utility.
Unfortunately there is very limited information on how to do this.  I am
not sure what project would be best.  For instance I want to draw a map
with a latitude from 20 to 50 degrees and a longitude from 40 E to 120 W.
Using the basemap utility how do I go about doing this?

--
Jason Snyder PhD