[Matplotlib-users] basemap projection issues

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 09:55:10 EDT 2017

Jason,

Basemap is currently in a long-term deprecation process. It is being
maintained mostly for legacy scripts, and for a few features that aren't
(yet) available elsewhere. For new development, I would suggest trying
Cartopy first. It has a better API and better documentation, although it
isn't as feature complete as basemap is. Give Cartopy a try first, and if
you can't get it to work there, then you can come back and try basemap.

http://scitools.org.uk/cartopy/

The userbase is also more active there, so you might get a faster response
to any questions you might have. I am not an expert in projections. I am
just making sure that basemap continues to work with numpy and matplotlib.

Cheers!
Ben Root