[Matplotlib-users] Circular Arrow Closed Path

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 14:47:19 EDT 2017

Hi Amit,

You may find usseful ressources about arrow shapes in Matplotlib at
https://matplotlib.org/users/annotations.html, with examples on how to
use the `matplotlib.axes.Axes.annotate` method(, which heavily relies on
the `matplotlib.patches.FancyArrowPatch` if you are actually more
interested in how things are done under the hood).

Here is a quick example of what you can expect more or less
out-of-the-box from `ax.annotate`:
```python
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt

fig, ax = plt.subplots(num='demo_arrow_with_annotate.png',
                        figsize=(3, 3))

ax.annotate("",
             xy=(0.5, 0.8), xycoords='data',
             xytext=(0.5, 0.2), textcoords='data',
             size=40, va="center", ha="center",
             arrowprops=dict(arrowstyle="simple",  # <-- ~ LO style
                             facecolor="DeepPink", edgecolor="none",
                             connectionstyle="arc3,rad=1"),
             )

plt.show()
```

If you really want a specific patch shape that you cannot get by
tweaking the existing arrow shapes, it should still be possible to
define a patch directly with vertices and Bézier curves.

Best regards,
Adrien