[Matplotlib-users] Ticks at fixed locations with uneven interval

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 16:58:04 EDT 2017

The tick labels and the tick locations are two separate things (but often
conflated). By default, the tick label is the string representation of its
location, but it doesn't have to be that. You can call
`ax.set_xticklabels(['1', '20', '-5', 'foo'])`, assuming you know the
number of ticks that will appear.

Cheers!
Ben Root