[Matplotlib-users] Zooming in on Image data plotted using matplotlib

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:56:15 EDT 2018

I want to second Ben's email: I highly recommend his book. I fumbled
around for a long time with minor interactive matplotlib features. Then
I read his book and it completely clarified my mental model of mpl
interactivity and, indeed, of GUIs in general. Thanks Ben!
Here's an excerpt that describes my situation quite well:

"""
Indeed, given that the primary audience for Matplotlib is scientific
programmersfor whom GUIs are, at best, an afterthought, Matplotlib provides a
gradual curveto create full-fledged GUI applications. For simple GUI tasks, one can
go quite far with Matplotlib without ever having to adopt a GUI
platform. And, as we will see in the next chapter, taking those final
steps into a GUI application would not require getting rid of any
existing code."""

Juan.