[Matplotlib-users] backend for matplotlib on NAS Lou

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Sun Feb 4 10:12:20 EST 2018

Jonathan Slavin explains :

> since it's a NASA system I cannot load it up with a lot of software,
> though I did install the anaconda distribution as I mentioned. The
> issue is that the anaconda system does not include the toolkits needed
> to use the backends that display plots in a separate window.  These
> include pygtk, PyQt5, wxpython, etc. and need to be installed for
> plotting via pyplot.show()
Please, tell what is your platform, under which system. Which Python
version.
You seem not believing me that you may have conflicts between various QT
instances. Perhaps...  Verify *all* the occurrences of your libraries
susceptible of being used by the mpl backend variants. Use 'which',
'where', 'locate', etc., all that goes on your system.
First of all, you must ensure and be certain that you launch what you
think you do, and not some "parasites".
BTW. I didn't use "show()" for a long time, plt.plot(...) plots, and
that's it.

All the best

Jerzy