[Matplotlib-users] 3D

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 14:50:29 EST 2018

If you need to export to STL format, nothing in matplotlib will be able to
do that, unfortunately. The mplo3d toolkit "fakes" 3D support by squashing
everything down to 2D before saving or rendering. There are a bunch of
other projects in the python world that might be interesting, but I have no
clue if they support STL exports:

vispy
glumpy
mayavi

There are probably others, but I can't recall them at the moment.

I hope that helps!
Ben Root