[Matplotlib-users] HiLo colormap

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni.soma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:18:59 EDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018, at 10:37 AM, Thomas Caswell wrote:
> Given that you can already do that with the over/under values I
> suspect we just need better documentation of this feature.
I would argue that over/under is hacky for this use-case, given that the
vmin and vmax have to be set not to the data but to something slightly
less than the data. For int as in the SO answer, it was relatively
straightforward. For float data now you have to set it to 0+epsilon, 1-
epsilon, which isn't fun.
> Extending the colormappable family of things to take over/under/bad
> colors as input might also be a nice convince to add.
Can you elaborate on the interface you are envisioning for this?