[Matplotlib-users] Formatting numbers in "nicer" scientific notation

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Fri Jun 29 20:30:57 EDT 2018

Hello all,

sorry for the vague title, but I didn't know how else to formulate it.
I'm looking for a facility to format numbers in a nicer way, namely to
turno 3.14e-5 into something like $3.14 \times 10^{\minus 5}$.

I'm almost sure I've seen something like that in matplotlib somewhere
but I'm not able to find it anymore. Is my recollection wrong? Does
anyone know if that is implemented by some other library?

Thank you. Cheers,
Dan