[Matplotlib-users] matplotlib._cntr.Cntr gone in 2.2

Fabien fabien.maussion at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 03:44:42 EST 2018

Hi all,

matplotlib._cntr.Cntr is gone in version 2.2. I know this was a private
module but it ended up being used by some (a quick online search will
show you some examples. ie this SO post:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18304722/python-find-contour-lines-from-matplotlib-pyplot-contour).

The use case for this class (as shown by the examples online) was to
obtain polygon contours of labeled regions in a 2D array.
Is there an alternative implementation available? The solutions I've
found online imply making a plot, which isn't really what I'm looking for.

Thanks a lot!

Fabien