[Matplotlib-users] Help needed to fill_between two curves

Akhilesh Nautiyal akhilesh.phy at mnit.ac.in
Fri May 25 06:44:15 EDT 2018

Dear Adrien,

         Thanks for the reply. I have tried all that. Actually in my case
the two  curves have different size of abscissa and ordinates.  Suppose I
make arrays like x1, y1 and x2, y2 from two data files
attached in my previous mail, the arrays x1 and x2 have different size and
the arrays y1 and y2 have different size.
I will be grateful if you can help me how to fill the area between these
curves n this particular case.

With Regards,
akhilesh

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 10:24 PM, vincent.adrien at gmail.com <
vincent.adrien at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Akhliesh,
>
> For basic usage of Matpolotlib, the following tutorials may be good
> starting points:
>   * https://matplotlib.org/tutorials/introductory/pyplot.html
>   * https://matplotlib.org/tutorials/introductory/usage.html
> To enforce peculiar x- and y-ranges, I think that you may want to use
> `ax.set_xlim` and `ax.set_ylim` (or `plt.xlim` and `plt.ylim` if you prefer
> the interactive Pyplot interface rather than the object-oriented one).
>
> Besides, you may find the following example useful:
> https://matplotlib.org/gallery/lines_bars_and_markers/fill_
> between_demo.html
> to learn how to fill the aerea between 2 curves.
>
> Hopefully this will help you a bit.
>
> Best regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 05/24/2018 05:13 AM, Akhilesh Nautiyal wrote:
>
>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>
>>                     I am plotting with matplotlib using two data files
>> with different x and y ranges. I need to fill up the region between the two
>> curves. I request you to kindly help me in this regard. I am attaching the
>> files with
>> this e-mail. the plot range should be between x->0.93 to 1.0 and y->0 to
>> 0.25.
>>
>> Thanking you,
>> Sincerely,
>> akhliesh
>>
>> --
>> ***********************************
>> *    Dr. Akhilesh Nautiyal
>> *   Assistant Professor
>> *   Department of Physics
>> *   Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
>> *   JLN Marg Jaipur-302017
>> *    Mo: +91-9 <tel:%2B91-9445520847>549657939
>>

>> This body part will be downloaded on demand.

*    Dr. Akhilesh Nautiyal
*   Assistant Professor
*   Department of Physics
*   Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur
*   JLN Marg Jaipur-302017
*    Mo: +91-9 <%2B91-9445520847>549657939