[Matplotlib-users] (no subject)

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:50:06 EST 2018

The default settings for plot_surface() yields an surface with the same
color. There are multiple ways to color the surface, either by supplying
color information yourself via "facecolors", or turning on the "shade",
and/or providing a "lightsource" object for custom shading. Unfortunately,
the docs are pretty sparse in this area, but hopefully this will help.

https://matplotlib.org/api/_as_gen/mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.axes3d.Axes3D.html#mpl_toolkits.mplot3d.axes3d.Axes3D.plot_surface
There are some examples of using some of these keyword arguments here:
https://matplotlib.org/examples/mplot3d/index.html

Ben Root