[Matplotlib-users] When was axes kwarg rmoved?

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 12:16:52 EDT 2019

Just to be clear, no methods have this right now. I am not sure why you
think "many methods have it". This is a design proposal. This will also not
eliminate any methods, contrary to your "why have two methods when one will
suffice". The ultimate goal of the design proposal (at least, how I view
it) is to begin to unify how plotting APIs look across packages.

Ben Root