[Matplotlib-users] pyplot.contour() and filtered levels

Olivier B. perso.olivier.barthelemy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 10:17:25 EDT 2019

I did another test, with the same code but by passing to matplotlib
only the levels that are in the drawn area. My problem of line style
shift disappears.
Is it expected that when contour() filters level it will not filter
the same lines of  linewidths, linestyles, and colors? Because they
are not always the same number as the levels maybe? Or should this be
considered a bug, at least for the case when the arrays have the same
number of elements than levels? Could the documentation mention at
least a warning about it?