[Matplotlib-users] Connect plot in Contourf when there are missing values(nan)

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Sat Apr 4 02:59:23 EDT 2020

I just found this unread in my email stack--did anyone reply to you
already?  If not, the answer to your question is no, matplotlib declines
to fill bad value gaps via interpolation.  We believe that as a plotting
library, we should generally plot the data as provided, leaving it to
the user to interpolate over gaps, if that is desired.

Eric