[Matplotlib-users] Matplotlib 2 LTS EOL Versions?

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 15:08:53 EST 2020

We do not plan to make any further 2.2.x releases as support ended with
upstream support for Python 2.7 in Jan 2020.  The final release in the 2.2
LTS series was
2.2.5  (https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/releases/tag/v2.2.5) in
February 2020.

This is the policy that we announced with the release of 2.2.0
https://discourse.matplotlib.org/t/ann-matplotlib-2-2-0-released/20227 .

We typically only commit to providing patch releases to the most recently
released minor version (currently 3.3.x, soon to be 3.4.x).  In the
extraordinary circumstances we would consider issuing patch releases for
older versions.  I do not see us doing another LTS (as that was driven by
wanting to support users on py27 for as long as py27 was supported).

Responding to this I noticed we have not dropped 2.2.x from our list of
active branches (which I am working on doing now!).  This should be
documented at
https://matplotlib.org/devel/coding_guide.html#current-branches .

Tom

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 11:02 AM Symphoni Bush - NOAA Affiliate via
Matplotlib-users <matplotlib-users at python.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I am trying to figure out what versions of Matplotlib 2 LTS are
> end-of-life and if so, what dates these versions became EOL. If there is
> somewhere this information is stored, please let me know.
>
> Thanks

Thomas Caswell
tcaswell at gmail.com