[Matplotlib-users] host_subplot figure argument

Jerzy Karczmarczuk jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr
Thu Jun 11 04:42:15 EDT 2020

On 11/06/2020 1:03 am, Paul Hobson corrects my answer to Neal Baker:
[[[ /Where have you found //the fig parameter? ]]]/*/
/*
*/
/*
> The "figure" parameter to host_subplot is documented here:
> https://matplotlib.org/api/_as_gen/mpl_toolkits.axes_grid1.parasite_axes.host_subplot.html#mpl_toolkits.axes_grid1.parasite_axes.host_subplot
>
> Based on that page, I think it's safe to say that the OP did read the
> docs. It's just not at all clear that additional Axes creation args
> need to be passed.

Yes, sorry for being superficial ad a bit /ad hominem/.  Thank you very
much for pointing this out, sincerely.

But "reading the docs" rarely can be reduced to reading just one
concerned page. In the page you refer to, *there are others arguments*,
passed to an Axis, where - as mentioned - *subplot will be added*.
Perhaps it is not clear if somebody has never seen subplots before, but
this is a question of common sense...

Subplots are very thorougly discussed in many places. If somebody knows
anything about the subplots, he/she should know that it must be
/*positioned*/ somehow, isn't it? (The Figure arg is redundant, though,
as the default is there).

Best regards.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk