[Matplotlib-users] which IDE ?

Thomas Caswell tcaswell at gmail.com
Sun May 17 13:29:59 EDT 2020

As this is an international and text-based mailing list please I am not
sure that (what I am assuming is good natured) humor will always translate,
please keep the discussion here professional.

There are a number of IDE / editors (emacs, vscode, pycharm, jupyterlab,
...) that allow you to have a running (I)Python session that you send your
code to be evaluated in a continuously running session.  If you put use
pyplots "interactive" mode your windows will stay open and you can keep
re-evaluating (parts of) your code until you are happy.   Personally I use
emacs + org-mode + IPython in this way.

Best of luck!

Tom

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 4:22 AM Jerzy Karczmarczuk <
jerzy.karczmarczuk at unicaen.fr> wrote:

> On 17/05/2020 7:01 am, Vincent Douce Mathoscope wrote:
>
> when i am creating Matplotlib figures
> i edit the python code in some text editor
> then i run it in the temrinal
> then the picture appears in an external app whose icon is a rocket
> then to modify the code and see the result i have to close the rocket window etc..
> it is not so fluid as protocol
> my question is :*do you use any IDE more ergonomic than my protocol ?*
>
> Dozens, or so.
>
> But if you don't even tell your readers which platform, which system are
> you using, which Python distribution, etc.,
> our friend Harry Potter, and we other dark magicians might have problems
> with proposing you an adequate magic.
>
> Jerzy Karczmarczuk
> /Caen, France/

> <#m_-7050790206416722023_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Thomas Caswell
tcaswell at gmail.com