[Matplotlib-users] prohibited to create memoryview without Py_buffer

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:16:18 EST 2020

Thanks for the quick response!

I didn't realize mplcairo was packaged for fedora and have been using the
local pip installed version.  The fixed version is not yet pip installable?

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 8:09 AM Antony Lee <antony.lee at institutoptique.fr>
wrote:

> Thanks for the report.
> I am aware of the issue and it has been fixed in mplcairo master (at
> ddbc01c to be precise).  This arose because a backwards-incompatible change
> in the latest pybind11 (2.6.0) broke mplcairo.  I am somewhat puzzled,
> though, by how mplcairo managed to pass Fedora's CI (things broke locally
> as well).
> In any case mplcairo should be repackaged for Fedora 33 (attn. Elliott, I
> guess :-) also, do you have an idea wrt. how mplcairo managed to pass the
> tests on Fedora's CI?) using the current HEAD (or backporting just the
> relevant commit, although that may not apply cleanly...) to support Py39.
> (I may tag a new release too but no guarantees on the date for that.)
> Antony
>
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 1:41 PM Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 4 things:
>> 1. this is python3.9
>> 2. it is mplcairo.  Selecting default backend save to pdf succeeds.
>> 3. the message is coming  from pybind11.
>> 4. occurs when saving to pdf and svg, but not png (others not tested)
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 7:31 AM Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> fedora-33
>>> mplcairo-0.3
>>> rpm -qa python3-matplotlib-*
>>> python3-matplotlib-tk-3.3.2-1.fc33.x86_64
>>> python3-matplotlib-qt4-3.3.2-1.fc33.x86_64
>>> python3-matplotlib-data-3.3.2-1.fc33.noarch
>>> python3-matplotlib-data-fonts-3.3.2-1.fc33.noarch