[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: [PYTHON META-SIG] Re: SIGs

Jim Fulton, U.S. Geological Survey jfulton@usgs.gov
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 17:08:45 -0400

On Mon, 28 Aug 1995 15:56:13 -0400
Guido van Rossum said:
> Now that Barry's created the matrix and gui sigs, I've added their
> email addresses to the sigs web page on python.org.  I guess Jim
> should prepare a little introduction to be placed in the <topic>.info
> files and also post that to the net so people are aware of the new
> sigs.  (I could then also change the description of the sigs in the
> sigs web page.)

How about:

matrix-sig:

  Special Interest Group for Built-in Matrix Types

    There is growing interest in using Python to interface with
    mathematical and scientific computation libraries.  A commonly
    needed data structure is a matrix of homogenous low-level objects,
    such as numbers.

    The purpose of this special interest group is to develop a
    proposal for and possibly coordinate the implementation of a new
    Python built-in Matrix type.