[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: [PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] ANNOUNCE: A minimal Matrix<->PIL interface

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Wed, 3 Apr 1996 10:33:28 -0500 (EST)

> > BTW, have anyone written a 2D FFT module for the Matrix library?
>
> Or 1D, or 3D? Or, better yet, anyD?

I have a module which is an interface to the fft routines used by
TELA (they are basically a C translation of FFTPACK).  I haven't
released it because I hadn't finished porting the AnyD to 1D TELA
code into Python.  Since it looks like I won't have the time to do
much related to Python in the next three weeks, I'm willing to let
it out, with the caveat that it hasn't been tested.

Does anyone know who to contact about getting permission to release
a file from the tela library?  I'll assume it's ok for now, but I'd like
to get an official ok sometime.

            http://maigret.cog.brown.edu/python/fft

has the files you need: fftpackmodule.c, and the fftpack files from the
TELA distribution.  If someone wants to finish the fft.ct -> fft.py
conversion, please do, and let me know about it.  I've included my first
stab at the translation on the web page.

--david

PS: Let me know about bugs and bug fixes, of course.