[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] naming conventions

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:47:54 +0200

   Following the conventions of the python standard library, all of these
   have been converted to:

   arrayrange, astype, tolist, ...

I'd prefer either capitalized versions or added underscores.

   Also, I've decided to change the names of the precision functions
   (previously Float, Integer, and Complex)

   complexcode(32)
   floatcode(32)
   intcode(16)

Adding "code" makes sense from your point of view, but for
soimeone jusrt reading a program it is confusing. I'd assume that
"code" stands for "program code" if no other meaning is
evident from context. How about "inttype(32)" etc.?

Konrad.

Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Departement de Chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. A                | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)