[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Fun: hacking some Numerics.

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 12:51:04 -0400

Rob.Hooft@embl-heidelberg.de wrote:

> I'm running python-1.4b2 + Numeric on an ALPHA. Just for fun I was hacking
> together a script to do dumb factorization. I have a few problems that could
> be due to this being a 64bit python, but I don't have 1.4b2 on any other
> machine here to test. Please help.

First, I'm glad you're playing with this on an alpha.  I have a couple
around here, but don't have that much time to test on 64-bit systems.

1) where is fixed in alpha2
2) array([], 'l')[0] is a bug (even on 32bit machines) I'll fix it.
3) for i in array([], 'l') is the same bug.

Thanks for the bugs - Jim