[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] naming conventions

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 17:41:11 -0400

> > so it would be easier to convert existing code to use the new names.
>
> Will do, I might even provide an automated tool for that if I get around
> to it.

There's a tool that should be pretty close to what you want (it lexes
C code, but should be adaptable to lex Python code -- note there's a
Python tokenizer in Lib/tokenizer.py): Tools/scripts/fixcid.py.

I intend to use fixcid.py for the Great Renaming.  (I still need to
postprocess the output manually, for a variety of reasons, one of
which is that I'm a perfectionist and would like to take the
opportunity to do a general clean-up...).