[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Just checking in

tim@lassi.ece.uiuc.edu tim@lassi.ece.uiuc.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:01:01 -0500

>> > 2) Dynamic linking (problems on many architectures)
>>
>> What is the nature of these problems?  I believe that Python 1.4beta3 supports
>> dynamic linking on most architectures.  (BTW for NT I had to replace the
>
>As for HP systems, I am reasonably convinced that the problem with
>NumPy alpha2 is the fake module "libnumpy". After a careful study of
>the HP documentation, I conclude that there are two ways to use
>shared libraries:

On Linux 1.2.13, libnumpy also gave me some problems. It turned out it
had to go in /usr/lib, not /usr/local/lib. This I discovered by trial
and error, not by a thorough (or any for that matter) study of the
documentation ;)

This is the error I was getting before moving libnumpy. Is this the
error that most people are getting when the dynamic loading doesn't work?

>>> import Numeric
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.4/numeric/Numeric.py", line 4, in ?
    import multiarray
ImportError: File not found

--
	-tim

| Tim Hochberg               Ultrahigh Speed Digital Electronics Lab |
| tim@lassi.ece.uiuc.edu              University of Illinois         |
| http://dogbert.ece.uiuc.edu/~tim         (217) 333-6014            |