[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] dynamic linking And Linux

Holger St. John stjohn@gav.gat.com
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:32:25 -0800

 There may be something more than just the location of the libnumpy
module involved in dynamic linking under Linux (1.2.13). The reason
I say this is that I have both dynamic and static versions of Numerical
Python running on my 90Mhz Pentium box. The static version runs sieve and
test_all without a problem. The dynamic version (I used make dynamic)
runs the sieve script ok (in 17 secs. incidentally). However when I run
test_all I get the (by now) infamous
            "module not found: Integer"
 Since the
static version works it must be that Integer is a built in module?  Other
people must be having this problem ?

Holger St. John

General Atomics