[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] dynamic linking And Linux

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 16:55:17 -0400

>  There may be something more than just the location of the libnumpy
> module involved in dynamic linking under Linux (1.2.13). The reason
> I say this is that I have both dynamic and static versions of Numerical
> Python running on my 90Mhz Pentium box. The static version runs sieve and
> test_all without a problem. The dynamic version (I used make dynamic)
> runs the sieve script ok (in 17 secs. incidentally). However when I run
> test_all I get the (by now) infamous
>             "module not found: Integer"

This is a completely different bug in the test_all.py module.  I have an
Integer.py file on my machine that I forgot to include in the distribution.
 If you remove the import Integer from the top of test_all.py (or maybe
test_items.py) this problem will go away.

Please tell me if the dynamic version works for you with this small fix.

-Jim