[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Routine too big...

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:44:46 +0100

To Perry and Guido, who suggested using a "far" compiler option: sorry, that
doesn't work for this problem. That helps when a sourcefile is more than 32k
(it makes the compiler use long JSR instructions) but it doesn't help for
routines being bigger than 32k. The compiler would have to change things like
	BEQ 	foo
into
	BNE	*+1
	JMP	foo
and while I know of 68k compilers that can do this trick codewarrior isn't one
of them:-(

I've also noted that I have to turn off optimization for some files
(apparently 128Mb isn't enough memory to optimize dlapack_lite and
zlapack_lite), but that should be a minor problem (although you NumPies might
think differently about this:-)

I'll put the port up for ftp tomorrow or so, once my unix home-directory is
back on-line:-(
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm