[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Bug-Fix Release 0.33 available

James Hugunin jjh@Goldilocks.LCS.MIT.EDU
Fri, 2 Feb 96 13:03:31 EST

Bug-Fix Release 0.33 of the numerical extension to python is available.

New in this release:

Several small BUG fixes.
Hopefully this release will compile "out of the box".
Konrad contributed a first cut at a decent print function for arrays
An expanded TUTORIAL.NumPy

mrange is now arange and honors the typecode (thanks Perry)
the function reshape is gone, use the method instead
A new function copyAndReshape is available that does what APL folks
expect from reshape (I think).  A better name would be appreciated.

You can try picking up

ftp://sls-ftp.lcs.mit.edu/pub/jjh/NumPy.patch-0.32-0.33.gz

If you copy this to the root python directory and type

patch < patch-0.32-0.33

You might have managed to pick up the latest release.  After remaking
your system, rerun the test suite, and if the matrices are printed in
a pretty fashion, you'll know that the patch worked.

This is the first time that I've tried distributing a patch, so
please let me know whether or not this works for you.

If you're having problems, or don't trust patch, the complete tar file
is also available.

ftp://sls-ftp.lcs.mit.edu/pub/jjh/NumericalPython-0.33.tar.gz

Enjoy - Jim