[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Pretty Printer

Konrad HINSEN hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 09:35:58 -0500

   I'm probably doing something wrong but I couldn't
   get PrettyPrinter to work with shape (1,) float
   arrays. I made this change to mine... (there's

A better patch is

    precision = min(precision, max(tuple(map(lambda x, p=precision,
					     f=format: _digits(x,p,f),
						    data))))

There seem to be too many versions of the pretty printer around.  I
had assumed that everyone by now should have the latest one, but
appearantly that's not true.

I am even more surprised that there are no more serious complaints.
When I installed version 0.35 of the numerics package, I would
always get error messages when typing "from Numeric import *"
due to recursive imports of Numeric and PrettyPrinter. Am I the
only one with this problem? Or has everyone silently fixed this?

Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Departement de chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-Ville     | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)