[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] numeric #ifdef

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Sat, 6 Jul 1996 12:06:59 -0400 (EDT)

1. I'd like to know what #define I can use to test for the presence of the
   Numeric extension -- I'm writing C code which can both be used with
   or without the extension, but obviously I need to #ifdef out the
   Array calls if the numeric extension is not defined.

   If such a #define isn't in 0.36, I'd like it to be in 0.36+x.

2. If anyone wants the files needed to make PythonWin numeric-aware, let
   me know.  It's just a replacement py130-3.dll and the usual lib/numeric
   files.  If you want to know the required source changes, I can tell
   you that as well.  I'll put it up on my web site as soon as I get
   the time to write a little HTML.

3. The URNG module is hard to port, because of its reliance on
   drand48(), which AFAIK is not available on Windows95/NT or the Mac.
   Is there a free drand48 somewhere?

Cheers,

--david