[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Vacation and move

Konrad HINSEN hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Tue, 11 Jun 1996 16:38:03 -0400

This weekend I will leave Montreal for an extended vacation (all
across the country to the West coast, then down to California, and
finally to Texas), after which I will move to France, where I will be
working for the next two years. I will stay on the SIG (hoping not to
be inundated by large messages) and check my e-mail whenever I find an
opportunity, but don't expect quick reactions from me during that
time. I hope that you will all be working hard, and that I will find a
much improved array module with lots of interesting applications when
I return to work...

My research project in France will require lots of Python programming.
Essentially I will write a molecular modelling toolkit in Python,
using C modules where necessary for speed. Although this toolkit will
be specialized to my personal needs, I'll try to keep it as general as
possible, and if I can find interested collaborators, it might
eventually become a general-purpose tool, which would certainly be the
most modern one in existence (which is not much of an achievement in
view of the "state of the art" in this field). I expect to produce
many general-purpose numerical modules as a side product, which I will
of course make available and announce to the public.

Finally, I'd like to announce my latest Python package, which is a
Gaussian random number generator using Paul Dubois' URNG module.
Anyone who wants a copy please write to me.

Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: hinsenk@ere.umontreal.ca
Departement de chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-Ville     | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)