[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Any interest in PC binaries?

Phil Austin phil@geog.ubc.ca
Sat, 16 Mar 1996 12:10:55 -0800

David Ascher writes:
 > I've recently gotten a PC, so the first thing I've done (naturally!)
 > is to get the Numeric extension to work with Python under Windows95,
 > along w/ the alpha OpenGL, GLU and Glut extensions.  I will also be
 > looking into integrating the Numeric extension w/ Jim Ahlstrom's DOS
 > version (though clearly not the OpenGL stuff), as I hate having a ">>>"
 > prompt but being unable to do "from Numeric import *".
 >
 > Would there be any interest in my making binaries of these ports
 > available, or is everyone on the list a pure unixhead?
 >
 > --david

One of the main attractions of Python (to us) is the cross-platform
development, and we'd appreciate access to the binaries.  Our hope
is that it can be used as an Octave/Matlab-like teaching tool in our
undergraduate PC lab.

Regards,

Phil Austin		INTERNET: phil@geog.ubc.ca
(604) 822-2175		FAX:	  (604) 822-6150