[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] pickle error on Win95

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 10:04:59 -0500

>  Hey, you've forgot the "b" flag!  The following should work:
[...]
>   Since text and binary files are not the same thing under DOS (and
> some other systems as well), you should always make sure to add "b"
> when dealing with binary data.  See open() in the python manual for
> details.

On the other hand, pickle *used* to be a text-only format, which is
fine with 'r' and 'b'.  But I presume that numerical arrays may be
written in a more efficient binary form?

--Guido van Rossum <guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US>