[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] autocorrelation functions?

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 22:47:54 -0400 (EDT)

What's a smart (read efficient, and possibly neat) way of doing
autocorrelation in NumPython?  I'm looking for both 1D and 2D with
a city-block metric to start with (a cartesian metric would be good
too, but I suspect that's harder to optimize).

I'm sure there's a good way to do this, I just can't figure it out...

Let me make it more explicit.  I want to compute the average product of
pairs of elements for each distance in "indices" between the two
elements.  So I want the average product of x[i] and x[i+1], the average
product of x[i] and x[i+2], etc.

--david