[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Numerical Recipes

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Sat, 19 Oct 96 17:46:00 +0100

> > I don't mean to rewrite the routines, just provide wrappers.  If the
> > user has the C library (licensed or whatever), then they can build a
> > Python module.  Do they copyright the *interface*?
>
> I don't know.

First, I doubt that would be possible. Second, it would be stupid.
They provide the routines with the intention that people can use
them, so if using them would imply a breach of copyright, they
could as well stop distributing them.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais