[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Change eigenvectors to eigensystems?

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:08:47 -0400

> From: Alistair Mees <alistair@maths.uwa.edu.au>
> To: hugunin@MIT.EDU
> Subject: numpy -- suggest changing "eigenvectors" to "eigensystem"
> Date: Tuesday, October 22, 1996 9:28 PM
>

> Jim:
>
> A minor naming point -- since "eigenvectors" returns the eigenvalues as
> well, would it perhaps be less confusing to rename it to "eigensystem"?
>
> Alistair

This sounds reasonable to me, but I thought I should ask for objections
from other users of LinearAlgebra.py before I go around changing naming
conventions again.

-Jim

PS - This sort of suggestion generally belongs on the SIG for public
comment.  Do keep sending those bug reports to me directly though ;-)