[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Last complaints about NumPy 1.0a5

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 15:26:06 +0200

> While search(SORTED) looks slightly better than search(1), of we're
> going to type that much, I'd much prefer search_sorted().

Agreed (especially in this case).

But generally, such solutions quickly breaks down.  From PIL:

	draw = ImageDraw(image)
	draw.polygon(xy)
	draw.polygon_convex(xy)
	draw.polygon_noncomplex(xy)
	draw.polygon_complex(xy)

One solution is of course to provide different classes to store the
coordinates in, but that surely messes things up for the poor users.

I don't know, but isn't similar situations very common for numerical
operations.  Or is it just our local math guys that make it sound that
way?

	/F (just a plain old programmer)