[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Array comparisons, and determinants

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:28:04 -0400 (EDT)

> This looks good to me, in terms of functionality.  I would like the
> syntactic sugar of having these functions map to the operators,
> though.  (Well, stated better, of having the operators map to this
> functionality).

I agree from the perspective of someone who has played a bit with S+.
However, I think it's not compatible with the current semantics of
Python comparison operators, which have implicit the notion of a strict
order relation.  It would be nice, though...  Maybe a revamp of how
comparison operators works which was backwards compatible and would
allow this feature is possible.  Out of my league, though.

--david