[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] More naming/module issues

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 17:46:15 -0400

First, let me say that I've become convinced that the Numerical/Structural
module system is out of control (thanks for the touch of sanity Paul).
There will continue to be a module named Numeric which will contain all the
basic functions (both numeric and structural).

Now I'm working out the standard library.  My questions is: How many
modules should I make and what should they be called?

Solutions:

1) Add it all to Numeric.py (at least in appearance):
	Numeric.inverse(matrix), Numeric.fft(waveform), Numeric.random(100)

2) Add it to a single library module:
	NumLib.inverse(matrix), NumLib.fft(waveform), NumLib.random(100)

3) Add them to seperate modules:
	Lapack.inverse(matrix), Fftpack.fft(waveform), Ranlib.random(100)

Does anybody have any comments on these various choices or the specific
names I'm using?  If there are no strong sentiments expressed I'll probably
go with the third option and the names as shown.

-Jim