[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Using Packages for Numeric Python

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 15:49:56 -0400

I'm now "packaging" up NumPy for the next alpha release.  I have the
following structure:

Directory is called Numeric.

The "Standard" Numeric Library is contained in the following modules:
	LinearAlgebra.py
	Random.py
	FFT.py

So you have Numeric.LinearAlgebra.inverse(m) which looks good to me.

What should I now call the module that used to be known as Numeric?  This
is the module that contains all of the "core" functionality of the
extension.

import Numeric.Numeric seems kind of broken to me.
from Numeric import Numeric works, but I'm not thrilled with it...

For the life of me I can't come up with a good name to use here.  Is there
a standard solution to this?

-Jim