[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] NumPy 1.0a3

Rob.Hooft@embl-heidelberg.de Rob.Hooft@embl-heidelberg.de
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 21:00:52 +0200 (MET DST)

Just to help tip the balance here: I agree 100% percent with Konrad.
The original situation where there was a choice of importing fast or
correct routines was very nice, and I can see many applications where
I would use both. And I also think that if there needs to be a default
it is much better to have it "safe". You might remember from earlier
postings that I am a speed devil, but I don't think that is the right
attitude for the general public.

We might want to have 3 versions: fast_umath, umath, and
default_umath. In that case if you're writing a library routine that
can work with fast as well as correct versions, the user of the
library routine can still have the choice.

Rob.
--
=== Rob.Hooft@EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/rob/ ==
==== In need of protein modeling?  http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/whatif/