[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] getting ArrayObjects pointer

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:16:11 +0200

> In an external C function, I am trying to get the pointer to an
> ArrayObject that was created with PyObject_NEW.  If I pass the name
> of the ArrayObject how can I find the objects pointer?

That depends on where the name was defined. It could be in a module,
as a local variable in a function, or as an object attribute.
The most general solution, given the name and the namespace it is in,
is to call an expression evaluation from C.

> Also, Is there any way to get a list of all objects that have been
> created during a Python session, via a C code?

I doubt it, and it would probably not be very useful. Such a list
would include all functions and classes imported from various modules,
including the standard library! You can however easily get all objects
in a given namespace, via its dictionary.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais